Sunday 23rd October 2016 to Tuesday 25th October 2016
Dear WHPS Senior, Intermediate and Jazz Band Parents
The inaugural 2016 Band Tour is fast approaching and your band child's place on tour is booked. Due to extremely successful fundraising efforts, supported by our school community, Band Tour has been heavily discounted.
You have previously paid a $100 deposit. The outstanding amount is $150.00
This final payment is due NOW and can be paid via Flexischools, EFTPOS (electronic funds transfer) or cheque.
Electronic Funds Transfer Details:
- Name: WHPS Concert Band
- BSB: 062-155
- Account: 0090 8880
- (Please reference your Child’s name and band on all direct deposits).
- Cheque made payable to WHPS Concert Band (Place in Band box at front office)
Details of planned performances and activities are on the itinerary below. All meals are included from dinner on Day 1, until lunch on the last day. Please provide morning tea and lunch in disposable packaging for your child on Sunday 23rd Oct.
Band Tour is an opportunity to enrich your child's musical experience. Band Tour is also a Team event. Our band conductors will be preparing music and performances to showcase our bands talents for friendly Blue Mountains audiences.
Your child attending Band Tour will need to display behaviour consistent with the Wheeler Way leading up to the Tour and whilst on Tour.
Attendance, punctuality and participation at all Band rehearsals and events in Terms 3 and 4 will be required.
Please ensure you take the time to discuss this commitment and expectation with your child.
Families, carers and friends are welcome to be part of the audience for our performances on Tour. Please note the children must remain as part of their Band and are not permitted to leave the Tour and the itinerary planned.
- Bus pick up and drop off at Rose Avenue. Please be prompt and avoid parking in the bus stop.
- Departing school: Sunday 23rd October - Please arrive by 9.00am for a 9.30am sharp departure
- Expected arrival back at school: Tuesday 25th October 2016 5.45pm
Please keep an eye on school website and Primary Parent Planner App for updated information about arrival.
Katoomba Conference Centre 'Kedumba' ph (02) 4780 8222 119 Cliff Drive. Katoomba NSW 2780 - see http://www.kcc.org.au
- Scenic World - Outdoor Performance 1.30pm - Wear Band uniform
- Scenic World - ride the Scenic Railway and Cableway, self-guided walk Rainforest Boardwalk
- Campfire at our Accomodation
- Zigzag Public School Lithgow- Performance 9.30am
- Blackheath Public School - Performance 1.30pm
- Fairfax Heritage Track - self-guided walk Govetts Leap Lookout to Blue Mountains Heritage centre
- Movie night at our Accomodation
- Visit Echo Point, view the Three Sisters
- Faulconbridge Public School - Performance 10.00am
- Trees Adventure, 2hr Treetops Ropes experience - Yarramundi http://www.treesadventure.com.au - No Waiver form, No participation. Students and staff participating to wear long pants and closed-in, flat, sturdy shoes.
- Return coach transfer to Wheeler Heights Public School
What to bring
- Band Uniform
- Black Socks
- Black shoes
- 2 x pairs of jeans or long pants
- 2 x t-shirts/polo tops
- 1 x warm jacket
- 2 x pairs of runners
- 2 x jumpers
- 3 x pairs of socks
- Underwear for each day
- Ugg boots (optional)
- Prescription glasses (if required)
- Sunglasses (optional)
- Plastic bag for dirty washing
- Toiletries bag (soap, toothbrush and paste, brush/comb, non-aerosol deodorant, tissues, lip cream, hair ties)
- Bath Towel
- Sleeping Bag
- Bottom Sheet and Pillow slip
- Instrument (valve oil, spare reeds etc required for your instrument)
- Foldable Music stand - essential
- Small backpack containing:
- a book
- spending money (max $30)
- road map (optional)
- camera (optional)
- Lunch and morning tea for the first day in disposable packaging (no other food needed)
- water bottle
- Raincoat / waterproof jacket - essential
Students are asked NOT to bring: any electronic devices, mobile phones, chewing gum, jewellery, valuable items or torches.
All belongings including instrument, are to be clearly labelled with your child's name. Preferably use a soft, light bag for luggage that is easy for your child to manage independently, porters (or teachers) will not be available to transport your child's belongings (including Instrument and music stand).
The Band Conductors will be responsible for all Music required whilst on Tour, so children do not need to pack music.
Travel sickness medication should be administered before the journey and please advise the teacher/conductor if your child is prone to travel sickness. ALL other medication to be administered to your child should be labelled with your child's name, class, dosage and time to be administered. These should be placed in a ziplock bag that is also clearly labelled with your child's name and class.
MEDICATION MUST BE HANDED TO THE TEACHERS ACCOMPANYING THE TOUR BEFORE BOARDING THE BUS.
Information & Enquiries
Please email any enquiries to:
Trish Fairchild / John Williams
There are 3 mandatory forms below which require your action. Please click on each link to complete.
Please wear full Band Uniform on Departure from school on Sunday (Pack change of clothes in Day pack, to change after our Scenic World performance).NB You will not have access to luggage under the bus during the day.
Please note : Some of our Performances are outdoors, please provide wet weather gear.
Weather in the Blue Mountains can be unpredictable, please pack for forecast conditions.